Do you feel anxious about having dental treatment? Do you get nervous just thinking about lying in that dental chair? At Aqua Dental Clinic, we understand that many people are worried about seeing the dentist, and that’s why we’ve made it our mission to help every patient feel as calm as possible. Here are 5 ways we can calm your nerves:
- Consultations: we use consultations to get to know our patients, show them around and discuss procedures and treatments in detail. This is an informal appointment and we want you to feel as comfortable as possible. If you have any questions at all, we’ll do our best to answer them.
- Practice tours: it’s understandable to feel apprehensive in a place you’re unfamiliar with, especially if you already feel anxious about going to the dentist. Our practice tours are a chance for you to take a look around, meet the team and really get a feel for the place so that you find it more familiar and less daunting when it comes to your appointment.
- Making yourself at home: we really want our patients to feel confident and comfortable during their time with us and we do everything to encourage them to make themselves at home. We can provide you with virtual reality goggles, we can put some music, a film or the TV on for you and we can also use aromatherapy to ease your troubles.
- Our expert dental team: our expert dental team is led by Dr Anoop Maini, a dental phobia certified dentist. Dr Maini has extensive experience in working with nervous patients and our team is friendly, compassionate and approachable.
- Sedation: if you’re nervous about having dental treatment, we may recommend sedation. Sedation is a technique used by doctors and dentists to help you relax during treatment. When you’re sedated, you won’t feel any pain and you should feel completely calm.
If you’re a nervous patient, we promise to do everything possible to help you overcome your fears and feel more relaxed. Call us today to find out how we can help you.