Five Changes You Can Make Now For a Beautiful Smile October 31st, 2018
Are you eager to protect and preserve your smile for as long as possible, or are you searching for ways to make your smile look more beautiful? If you need tips to keep your smile in check, here are 5 steps to take now:
- Set a timer when you brush: if you’re guilty of whizzing your brush around your teeth every morning, now is the time to start brushing for longer. Set a timer for 2 minutes or brush along to your favourite song. This will help you to do a more thorough job.
- Use an electric toothbrush: electric toothbrushes clean more intensely than manual brushes and they are proven to remove plaque more effectively. If you currently have a standard brush, it’s worth looking into electric brushes. You don’t have to spend a fortune to achieve a really deep clean.
- Floss: if you don’t already floss once a day, why not start today? Flossing targets areas that you can’t reach with a brush, and it can help to reduce the risk of plaque formation, subsequently preventing decay and gum disease.
- See your dentist every 6-12 months: if you tend to leave going to the dentist until you’re in pain, we strongly urge you to start attending more regular appointments. Frequent check-ups every 6-12 months can reduce the risk of decay and gum disease dramatically. We also recommend annual dental hygiene appointments.
- Eat less sugar: sugary foods are bad for your oral health because bacteria feed on them and then release acids, which attack your enamel. If you graze on sweets, you enjoy cakes and biscuits or you add sugar to your tea or coffee, keep an eye on your daily intake and try and reduce it in line with recommended guidelines.
If you need any more advice about taking care of your teeth or improving your oral health, don’t hesitate to get in touch!