It’s summer, the sun is shining, and many of us would love a smile to match those glorious, bright days. If you’re keen to make your smile sparkle this summer, here are 5 steps you can take to enjoy brighter teeth.
- Get to grips with brushing: brushing is not just important for oral health reasons. As well as removing potentially harmful bacteria from your mouth, brushing also polishes the teeth removing stains, and giving your teeth a healthy glow.
- Use a straw: if you’re a fan of wine, iced coffee, smoothies or cola, this can take its toll on the brightness of your smile. These drinks contain staining agents, which will dim your smile’s sparkle. Use a straw when you drink to prevent contact with the enamel.
- See your dentist: if you haven’t been to the dentist yet this year, pick up the phone and book a check-up. Your dentist will have a look for potential symptoms of oral diseases, but they’ll also give your teeth a good clean.
- See your hygienist: your diet and day to day wear and tear can contribute to discolouration. Brushing at home may not be powerful enough to make a difference, but the intensive cleaning treatments provided by hygienists may be sufficient to remove surface stains and give your smile some serious gloss.
- Tooth whitening: if you’re after a more dramatic transformation, we recommend looking into tooth whitening. Tooth whitening is a cosmetic dental treatment, which is used to lighten the shade of the enamel and give you a lighter, whiter smile. We offer both at-home and in-chair professional whitening treatment. If you’re keen to find out more, call and book a consultation today!