If you wear dentures, you’ll know just how important it is to feel comfortable. If your dentures don’t feel right or they’ve started to feel a little loose, this can cause you pain and discomfort and you may find the denture isn’t working as it should be. Here are 5 top tips to help you feel more comfortable when you’re wearing dentures:
- Keep your dentures clean: it’s really important to keep your dentures clean even if you don’t have any natural teeth remaining. This will help to reduce the risk of oral disease and bad breath.
- Use a fixative: you don’t necessarily need to use a denture fixative, but some people prefer to use it to give them a more secure fit. Try your denture with and without fixative and see which you prefer.
- Take good care of your denture: if you leave your dentures lying around or you don’t wash or rinse them properly, you can damage them and this can affect the fit.
- Report any problems: you shouldn’t find your dentures painful or have to put up with feeling anxious when you eat in public because your denture keeps slipping. If your denture isn’t comfortable or you’re worried about the fit, contact us and we’ll see you as soon as possible.
- Keep up to date with dental checks: we recommend regular dental checks for all our patients.
If you’re having trouble with your dentures or you’d like advice about taking care of them, don’t hesitate to get in touch.