Nothing makes you look or feel better than a beaming smile. Smiling is infectious, and it can brighten your mood instantly. If you’re keen to maintain a dazzling white smile, here are some simple tips:
- Brush twice a day: it sounds simple, but you’d be surprised at how many people don’t brush their teeth every morning and evening. It’s important to brush twice each day to remove bacteria and food debris. If you don’t brush frequently, there’s a risk that plaque will form. Plaque is the main risk factor for gum disease and cavities.
- Set a timer when you brush: we’ve all been there. You’re tired, and you can only muster up the energy to glance a brush around your teeth. The reality is that if you don’t brush properly, you’ll put your oral health at risk. Try and make sure that you brush for at least 2 minutes every time. If you’re struggling to do this, set a timer.
- See your dentist for a check-up: if you haven’t been for a dental check-up in the last 6-9 months, now is the time to pick up the phone and make the call. Regular dental checks don’t just lower your risk of decay and gum disease. Your dentist can also give your teeth a good clean, so you’ll leave with a sparkling smile.
- Book a dental hygiene session: if your teeth are looking a little discoloured, booking a dental hygiene session is highly recommended. Dental hygienists use intensive cleaning techniques to remove plaque and tartar and blitz surface stains.
- Avoid smoking: smoking is one of the most significant causes of tooth staining, and it also increases your risk of a host of dental and general health problems. If you’re a smoker, and you’d like to try and quit, we are here to help.
- Cut down on sugary and acidic foods: sugary and acidic foods and drinks erode the enamel, which makes it thin and weak. When the enamel is worn, the dentine becomes exposed, and this can make your teeth look yellow. Protecting your enamel will help to keep your smile looking fabulous.