Invisalign LiteGuide to Costs & Treatment
Invisalign Lite is a product of Invisalign. It’s essentially similar to where the original Invisalign system began.
Invisalign Lite is the go-to system to solve minor dental problems within six to seven months.
Using a fixed number of removable, invisible aligner trays, the system corrects badly positioned teeth, slight overcrowding, poor alignment, or tiny gaps between teeth.
If you are struggling with any of the above issues, Invisalign Lite might be the affordable solution you need and who better to trust than Platinum Providers of the system, Aqua Dental?Get in touch
Who is Invisalign Lite effective for?
Invisalign is an express version of the original product that uses the same innovative system.
Invisalign Lite is for patients requiring only moderate corrections like diastema, crooked or crowded teeth. The Lite treatment is not suitable for patients who require more difficult adjustments.
- Tiny spaces between teeth
- Minor overcrowding
- Crooked front teeth
- Misalignment between the upper and lower teeth
- Teeth in the wrong position
If you are unsure of which treatment plan will be right to solve your dental worries, get in touch with us here at Aqua Dental and we can help advise on the right version of Invisalign you need. See more treatable cases.
Our patients also ask:
- What’s the difference between Invisalign and Invisalign Lite? The main difference is the number of aligners used, Invisalign Lite uses fewer aligners as it only corrects mild issues.
- How many trays do you get with Invisalign Lite? Generally, Invisalign Lite uses 14 trays that aim to complete treatment in 6-12 months compared to the Full treatment that straightens in 12-24 months.
- What is included in Invisalign Lite? Dual or single-arch treatment, 14 stages of tooth movement and one set of additional aligners included in the one cost.
Stages of Invisalign Lite treatment
- You have a consultation with our Invisalign-trained dentists to see if you are a suitable candidate.
- We’ll take impressions and moulds of your teeth that will transform into a 3D image that is used to plan the potential movements of your teeth from start to finish.
- Your custom aligners will be created – you should expect to receive 10-14 aligners for the treatment to be successful.
- When the aligners arrive, you will be ready to undergo treatment. Aligners are worn for 22 hours a day and can be taken out to eat, drink and brush.
Learn more about the entire process here.
Invisalign Lite vs Full: Which Do I Need?
Since its first launch in the late 90s, Invisalign has advanced greatly as it is now able to treat severe and complex cases.
Both versions of Invisalign will serve patients well when it comes to straightening their teeth. However, the two kinds of treatments target different kinds of malocclusions.
Here’s a quick rundown detailing the difference:
Grade of correction: Invisalign Lite will fix class I malocclusions, whereas Invisalign Full will address some of the more complex bite issues like overbites. This is what makes Invisalign Lite one of the fastest versions of Invisalign.
Number of trays: Invisalign Lite will only use around 10-15 aligners trays, whereas with Invisalign Full the aligner trays is unlimited.
Duration of treatment: Invisalign Lite can take a few weeks to complete (max 6 months), whereas Invisalign Full can last up to 18 months. More.
Read more: Invisalign vs braces.
Benefits of Invisalign Lite
- Enhanced comfort as aligners are customised to fit your mouth perfectly
- Involves no surgery and is almost painless
- Transparent and undetectable
- Zero food restrictions or maintenance required
- Shorter treatment – new smiles in as little as three months
- Cost-effective (priced from £2,000)