Smile Guide for Parents Interested in Invisalign What parents need to knowLet your kids straighten their teeth without brackets or wires getting in the way of their daily lives
Invisalign Teen and Invisalign First were created with younger mouths in mind.
And as teeth move and shift, especially in developing mouths, now is likely to be the best time to straighten teeth.
What’s great about developing mouths is that teeth often straighten faster – and with Invisalign being removable and invisible, your little ones can continue to enjoy the things and activities they love without interruption.Get in touch
Invisalign is an incredible tooth alignment system that fits in with busy little lives.
Made with children in mind
Invisalign is many beautiful things, but here’s what you need to know about the cutting-edge transparent aligner system:
- Invisalign is removable: Aligners can be taken out to eat, drink, brush, floss, do sport and play music. In addition, the removable aspect ensures children stay on track with the oral hygiene routines that keep their teeth healthy and strong.
- Invisalign is comfortable: Custom aligners are bespoke to each mouth. Made from the highest grades of smooth, transparent plastic, clear aligners do not require brackets, wires, or metal.
- Invisalign is invisible: Children and teens prefer Invisalign to metal braces for obvious reasons – and with Invisalign’s transparent properties, it can be hard to notice someone wearing them.
- Invisalign is proven: The patented SmartTrack material is clinically proven to improve tooth movement, so it performs the best of any aligners on the market.
- Invisalign is strong: The system uses the right amount of force on specific teeth at a time to ensure teeth move gradually and comfortably into position.
- Invisalign is predictable: Movement is 75% more predictable than alternatives.
Is your child suitable?
To ensure the alignment technology works flawlessly, we use two versions of Invisalign that might apply to your situation:
- Invisalign First: For ages 6-10. Can be used on erupted teeth, permanent dentition and baby teeth.
- Invisalign Teen: For ages 11-17. Fix overbites and close gaps up to 6mm wide.
No age is too old for braces – 1 in 3 orthodontic patients are over 18—view data.
Invisalign is effective at treating mild to moderate cases – this includes crooked teeth, overcrowding, open bites, underbites, crossbites and overbites.
For example, Invisalign can target more complex overbite cases when our dentists integrate SmartForce Attachments.
However, until we assess your child’s oral condition, we will not know if they qualify for treatment.
Improved comfort and healthier smiles
With Invisalign, the fun never has to stop. Children and teenagers can eat freely and keep up with oral care without disruption.
More than this, Invisalign is often preferred but teenagers who want to avoid stereotypes like “brace face”, – and we know that teenage life can be stressful enough without knocking their confidence with metal attachments and wires.
As the aligners are completely removable, children can take them out to eat what they like and perform daily activities like playing contact sports or musical instruments.
However, please note that the aligners must be worn for 22 hours, and these versions of Invisalign can come with blue dot indicators that will fade once the wear time has reached its endpoint. This can help parents and us keep track of how long the aligner has been worn.
Why you should probably act now
With Invisalign, the process is much quicker, which means you can get started with treatment faster and see results even quicker.
As we use state-of-the-art planning tools, your child or teen can receive all that they need to begin with treatment two weeks after your first initial visit to us.
Acting now and straightening your little one’s teeth will not only likely save them a lot of hassle in the future, but ensure their oral health is in the best possible state.
We could sit here and tell you how great Invisalign is for hours, however, it’s up to you to make the best decision for your child. If you would like to book an Invisalign assessment, you can do so here.
Who better to choose than Aqua Dental? We are Platinum Elite Providers of Invisalign – it doesn’t get much better than that.
You can trust that your child’s smile is in good hands with us.