Durathin Veneers Painless, Thin & Minimal Prep
One minimal prep veneer procedure we offer is Durathin Veneers, which are made from highly compressed porcelain that still provides the strength, durability, and stability of porcelain veneers without removing as much enamel.
As Durathin is only 0.3mm thick, our cosmetic dentists will only be required to remove 0.3mm of the surface of the tooth to apply them, which means the tooth’s underlying structure is preserved.
While they are a terrific option for some patients, they may not be the right option. To discover which veneers are right for you and your goals, use the button below to consult with us.Get in touch
Aqua Dental is pleased to offer non-invasive veneer procedures that still deliver long-term, natural-looking results.
What you need to know about Durathin Veneers
Durathin veneers are an innovative cosmetic option that can help you achieve a perfect but natural-looking smile with minimal tooth preparation.
Durable and wafer-thin, Durathin Veneers can deliver results that last through a pain-free, short procedure that can instantly boost your confidence.
Applied using a special cement, the application process of Durathin veneers involves no grinding, shaving or cutting of the teeth – allowing you to have the perfect smile with little to no tooth reduction.
Questions? Dr Maini reveals the answers
- What are the advantages? Durable, thin, long-lasting, faster than alternative treatments and pain-free.
- Who is a good candidate? You’ll be a great candidate if you have to mishappen misaligned or small-sized teeth.
- What’s involved in the procedure? Other veneer procedures may require a certain level of etching, which can cause damage to the underlying natural teeth; Durathin Veneers only need the smallest amount of preparation that does not harm the natural teeth underneath.
- How do they differ? The main difference with porcelain Durathin Veneers is the thickness. Designed to be ultra-thin, sleek and strong, the Durathin option avoids bulky-looking teeth.
- Are there any other options? Aqua Dental offers various veneer treatments and other cosmetic procedures that might be better suited to your expectations. So let’s find the proper treatment for you together—call 020 8103 6044.
The first steps to your new smile
Before progressing with any serious cosmetic procedure, Aqua Dental always begin with a consultation with the patient that is used to assess and examine the mouth.
During this stage, Dr Maini will diagnose the current condition of your oral condition and prescribe the recommended treatments and pathway to your dream smile.
As cosmetic experts, we will also consider your appearance and face shape to provide an ideal, balanced result that blends flawlessly with your features.
You’ll also get to hear the pros, cons, and limitations of the veneer procedure to ensure you are fully informed of the treatment moving forward and the best aftercare practices to maintain your new cosmetically enhanced smile.
Making your dreams come true
After establishing that Durathin is the appropriate treatment choice, we will proceed to custom-create your new, approved smile – this new look will be agreed upon during your initial consultation.
We will jump through every hoop to ensure the preciseness and accuracy of your new smile – we’ll ensure measurements are correct by simulations of how your current smile will transform.
When we’re ready, we’ll begin to prepare the teeth to create an optimal bonding surface that will secure your smile for years to come. We will also take the necessary records to share with the ceramist, who will be creating your customised veneers during this stage.
Before leaving, you’ll be fitted with temporary teeth, which will serve as a Trial Smile, which will mimic the aesthetics of your final teeth – this is so you can test out how your new smile will look and function in the comfort of your own privacy.
No need to worry about the application process
- Your trial smile is carefully removed before being replaced with Durathin Veneers
- Teeth are cleaned, and the surfaces are prepared for bonding
- A preferred system of bonding agents is applied, and the veneers are positioned one at a time
- We’ll check how the bite functions and the final aesthetics
And that’s it – simple, quick and pain-free.
Durathin or conventional porcelain?
Ultimately, both are great veneer systems.
Durathin will be the preferable choice if you want a less invasive procedure where your teeth already have a good colour and shape.
Whereas porcelain veneers will be the better solution if you want a simple procedure, but where teeth last longer.
However, with that being said, porcelain veneers require the removal of additional enamel from your teeth (still a tiny amount – 0.5mm).
Come in for a consult with our cosmetic dentist in Harrow, London, and we can go from there.