Lumineer Veneers Are They Better?
Lumineers are distinct from conventional veneers because it’s not necessary to cut the tooth, so no anaesthesia is required.
Adhered to the top of teeth, Lumineers conceal an array of dental problems that instead leave patients with a straighter, brighter, perfect-looking smile.
Easy to apply, Lumineers can be fitted in just two appointments. However, the first stage is to consult with our veneer dentist to see if this cosmetic solution will be right for you.
Here at Aqua Dental in Harrow, London, we offer several minimal prep veneer treatments. If Lumineers appear not to be right for you, there are other non-invasive, more affordable options we can explore.Get in touch
The highly translucent properties of Lumineers mean they can replicate the natural appearance of enamel.
What are Lumineers?
A type of porcelain veneer, Lumineers are a painless, long-term cosmetic solution for concealing chipped, stained and crooked teeth.
Compared to traditional porcelain veneers, which are already very thin, Lumineers are even thinner.
They use an extremely fine but durable ceramic material that is around 0.2mm in thickness.
Made from Cerinate Porcelain, Lumineers have been clinically attested as the only porcelain veneer type to survive more than 20 years.
What can you fix with Lumineers?
Lumineers are a pioneering treatment that allows several corrections to be made to a smile with little to no discomfort.
Patients treat the following common problems with all veneer products:
- Gaps between teeth – closing spaces and gaps in the mouth
- Conceal crooked teeth – hide orthodontic problems without undergoing braces
- Reshape mishappen or uneven teeth
- Restore cracked teeth, chips, or cracks
- Improve discolouration, staining or fluorosis
The price of porcelain veneers – special offer
From £650 per veneer/unit OR £54 per month
Aqua Dental Clinic offers porcelain veneers and brands like Durathin veneers, which are very similar to Lumineers – the only difference being a 0.1mm in thickness.
For a trusted, recognised brand like Durathin, the price of our porcelain veneers is very competitive for a London practice – we even offer 0% financing across all our cosmetic treatments to help patients break down their costs in manageable monthly instalments.
Depending on your goals, we can create bespoke smile makeover packages that include free tooth whitening or composite bonding to improve the results if we’re only placing a few veneers.
The Lumineers process
With Lumineers, you can immediately fortify, elongate, and contour teeth.
The veneer procedure in a nutshell:
- Simple cases with minimal applications can be treated in just two appointments
- More complex issues may require a third review appointment
- Temporary veneers are not necessary, nor is anaesthetic
- The placement process will only take a few hours
- Patients have more significant input and control over their smiles
- No suffering from increased sensitivity as the entire enamel structure is left intact
- Lumineers are reversible, so after a few years, they can be removed with underlying teeth preserved
Are Lumineers right for you?
Even though Lumineers are incredibly thin, they can feel slightly bulkier than conventional veneers.
One of the main advantages of the treatment is that they preserve the underlying tooth, but again so do many other veneer treatments we offer here at Aqua Dental that are more affordable.
For safety and longevity, a cosmetic dentist will need to assess your teeth and, from here, will be able to recommend and advise the correct system that aligns with your goals.
Lumineers are not the only no-preparation veneer system available, so perhaps during a consultation, we can introduce you to other options that might save you time and money.